Rowland news: October 2019
- Rowland Chairman Geoff Rodgers continues to serve as an Ambassador and participated in the 2019 Vinnies CEO Sleepout on 20 June 2019. Geoff has been part of the event since 2011, raising more than $396,000 during that time to help address homelessness and help change the lives of those sleeping rough in our community.
- Rowland’s first online training module — Step It Up Presentation Skills — developed in partnership with Croomo, has been awarded Silver for the Best eLearning Design – Shift-It-Online at the 2019 LearnX Live Awards.
Out and about
- Chairman Geoff Rodgers recently spoke at the PRIA Meet the Industry — Compelling Campaigns event in late August, attended by students and young practitioners. He showcased Rowland case studies including the rebrand of Kina Bank, various investor relations projects, and Brisbane Airport Corporation’s BNE Stories campaign.
In August, Rowland MD Helen Besly spoke at the Emporium 2022 business planning offsite. Helen talked with the Emporium leadership team about brand opportunities and challenges and the tourism economy. The purpose of the presentation was to pose questions and share insights as thought-starters prior to the business planning discussion.
- Amanda Wild, Specialist Advisor, presented to final year QUT students from the School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations, sharing her experience and insights into the world of corporate communication.
- Emily Wood, Director Organisational and Change Communication, was appointed to the University of Queensland’s School of Communication and Arts Public Relations Industry Advisory Group.
- Isabella Ford recently joined Rowland’s Organisational and Change Communication team as a Consultant. She was previously in a marketing and communication role at St Vincent’s Care Services and further bolsters Rowland’s health and aged care sector experience. She has also been appointed to the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) Queensland Council, transitioning from Talya Kaplan, Senior Consultant who has served on the Council for nearly three years.