Join the Rowland team
We are constantly growing and looking for highly motivated, experienced professionals to join us.
A career with Rowland puts you in the driver’s seat and could see you working with some of the leading brands and companies in Australia and internationally.
Being part of the Rowland team is exciting, challenging and rewarding, with opportunities for professional and personal growth and learning; whether it’s on the job or giving back to the community through initiatives like our Rowland Helping Hand community program.
We care deeply for our people — it’s part of what makes us ‘Rowland’. At the heart of our support for our team members is the Rowland Plus program. Rowland Plus provides a wide range of employee benefits and rewards to support our people’s personal and professional lives, including an annual professional development allowance, retail shopping discounts, and access to confidential counselling for all staff. Additionally, our Young Professionals Advisory Committee gives a platform for our younger staff to share their opinions and ideas, while our mentoring program provides a culture of continual learning and support.
We live and breathe our values every day, so if you’re thinking about becoming a Rowlander, we encourage you to familiarise yourself with the beliefs that are at the heart of our business — a non-negotiable commitment to caring, courage, excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
If you’d like to be part of the Rowland team, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to join the Rowland team? Click on the job advertisements below to find out more about our current opportunities and apply online.
We’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Rowland is one of Australia’s leading strategic communication consultancies. We use powerful, data-led communication — digital, visual, spoken and written — to help our clients solve problems, create opportunities, and, ultimately, transform their businesses.
Being part of the Rowland team is exciting, challenging and rewarding, with opportunities for professional and personal growth and learning. We are an organisation that shows we care — for our clients and each other — and we share a strong commitment to caring, courage, excellence, personal integrity, and teamwork.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Media and PR Specialist who will be responsible for delivering innovative, high-impact media and consumer PR strategies that demonstrate strong ROI and achieve successful outcomes for clients, including one of Australia’s largest and well-known retailers.
You will play a critical role in shaping brand and reputation, and building and maintaining strong relationships with media, ambassadors, influencers and industry representatives to drive brand visibility, awareness and loyalty through an issues management lens.
This position, located in our Brisbane CBD office, has the opportunity to work remotely at times, and will involve some local and interstate travel.
- Contribute your experience and expertise to a high-performing team that supports one of Rowland’s largest national clients, in addition to other clients across the business
- Develop and implement comprehensive media and consumer PR strategies and plans comprising various traditional and digital channels to support small to large-scale campaigns (e.g. media, social media, influencer engagement, PR activations, events, product drops etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, national and trade media
- Develop media releases and proactively pitch opportunities to secure media coverage
- Respond to media enquiries and coordinate interview/photo opportunities in a timely manner, including the preparation of supporting materials (e.g. key messages, Q&As, briefing notes etc.)
- Brief-in media spokespeople and provide on-the-ground support/coaching
- Collaborate with various client teams to execute campaigns and contribute key learnings to inform future campaign success
- Monitor media coverage and track PR performance
- Identify and engage with potential ambassadors, influencers and industry representatives to advocate on behalf of clients
- Assist in planning and executing PR events that generate excitement and awareness among target audiences
- Identify emerging trends and industry news to leverage relevant media and PR opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies to manage and mitigate potential issues
- Provide high-quality and responsive client service, including project management and quality assurance.
Skills and qualifications
- 3–5+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- Proven experience in media and PR having planned and delivered highly successful national campaigns, preferably in the retail or consumer goods sector
- Exceptional media writing and verbal communication skills, and an ability to manage competing, time-critical priorities
- Strong knowledge of media trends, outlets and contacts
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage issues effectively
- Brings innovation, creativity and strategic thinking to media and PR campaigns.
Rowland Plus benefits program including but not limited to the below:
- Hybrid working model supporting a blend of in-office and remote work
- Bonus incentive — a percentage of salary is awarded when the company meets its annual target
- Regular team events and social activities
- Employer assistance program (EAP) — access to trained professionals for help or advice in times of need
- Opportunity to join a growing organisation
- Attractive salary on offer.
How to apply
If you’d like to join the Rowland team, please apply here.